Reporting to the CTO , the System Architect is responsible for the architecture of the environments of our cloud services on which our software is distributed, for both our production and development environments. He also ensures the maintenance, updates and evolution of our development tools (gems, licences, services). If necessary, he assists developers in the integration of software architecture concepts and best development practises.
- Manage, optimize and maintain the architecture of Cognibox products (e.g. AWS servers, services, gems, recipes, monitoring, migrations, load tests, etc.);
- Ensure and supervise deployments at the technical level to ensure full integration with the architecture of Cognibox’s systems;
- Ensure the proper functioning and high availability of Cognibox instances;
- Diagnose and react promptly to various problems related to the architecture of Cognibox's various systems;
- Program the automation of certain redundant tasks in the administration of the various Cognibox environments (e.g. recipes);
- Explore, propose, test and measure system architecture environments in order to constantly evolve Cognibox's technological foundations;
- Participate and approve the technical planning of deployments;
- Participate in the development of innovative and creative solutions for Cognibox product development issues;
- Manage and ensure the backup of Cognibox’s databases, documents, and application environments; • Participate in knowledge sharing within the team;
- Participate in knowledge sharing within the team;
- Ensure the traceability of the tasks performed and the time allocated for each ongoing project;
- Participate in the contingency plan for Cognibox's technological infrastructure;
- Ensure and maintain the security of Cognibox's systems and environments;
- Collaborate with the external auditors during the various Cognibox security tests;
- Optimize the costs of Cognibox's cloud services;
- Communicate and follow-up with the right people about the various problems that can occur in the Cognibox systems;
- Support the team, as needed, for the setup of development environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a combination of a DCS + years of experience deemed relevant to the position;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the IT field;
- Excellent knowledge and great interest in software architecture (POO, Design Patterns, etc.);
- Be familiar with virtual environments (Docker, Vagrant, VirtualBox), ElasticSearch, Redis, Sidekiq;
- Experience with AWS;
- Having worked with Linux, Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Less + CSS3, HTML5, REST(json) would be an asset;
- Having worked in an Agile context would be an asset;
- Professional who advocates excellence and transparency.
- Competitive salary;
- Working from home;
- Benefits (generous annual vacation and leave policy, health insurance, paramedics, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, employee assistance program and access to an online doctor!).
*** The masculine gender is used as a generic term without discrimination for the sole purpose of simplifying the text. ***