Cognibox commitment to sustainable development statement
As a leader in professional services in the fields of workplace safety, environmental compliance, and risk management, Cognibox (the Company) is fully committed to sustainability goals for its employees, suppliers, and the communities in which it operates and/or impacts.
The company has identified five sustainability goals to achieve, inspired by the United Nations Envision 2030 Sustainable Development Goals:
1. Good health and well being
- By Sept. 2020 – Ensure that all employees have full working conditions with regards to equipment and furniture to allow them to work remotely with comfort and both ergonomic and technological support;
- On a continuous basis – Support the health and well-being of all employees by enacting policies and procedures that provide good working conditions, work-life balance, and attention to mental health and the effects of work-related stress on employees.
2. Quality training
- By Dec. 2020 – Provide employee training on topics related to health, safety, and environment;
- By May 2021 – Provide employee training on topics related to cyber security and privacy;
- By Dec. 2021 – Provide employee training on ergonomics.
3. Gender equality
- On a continuous basis – Empower and support the development of all employees equally through professional development and career advancement opportunities;
- By 2020 – Minimum 50% of employees will be women;
- By 2020 – Minimum 40% of employees in mid-management positions will be women;
- By 2020 – Minimum 40% of employees in executive positions will be women;
- By 2025 – 60% of positions covered by women.
4. Reduced inequality
- On a continuous basis – Guarantee income equality for all employees regardless of sex, race, background, sexual orientation, religion or other. Ensure equal opportunities for all employees, suppliers, consultants, and independent agents engaged by the Company during its operations;
- By 2020 – Minimum 30% of employees in executive positions will be visible minorities;
- By 2020 – Minimum 20% of all employees will be visible minorities.
5. Responsible consumption and community support
- On a continuous basis – Ensure that all company purchasing, whether of goods or services, considers environmental factors including the life cycle assessment of waste generation, water efficiency, energy efficiency and consumption, recyclability, and recyclable content;
- By 2020 – Minimum 80% of employees hired from local communities;